So regular fries are great and all, but curly fries…curly fries are something else. Crispy and crunchy, with a flavourful spicy seasoning. These are made with sweet potatoes and are baked, not fried.
To achieve the curly wurly potato shapes, we used our spiralizer attachment for the KitchenAid! It’s just a small attachment that goes onto the KitchenAid and comes with 5 different blades, to get different kinds of veggie shapes and spirals! It’s SO much more powerful than our previous little plastic spiralizer. It slices through raw sweet potatoes in a breeze. Just watch it in action here.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with foil.
- Chop off the ends of each sweet potato, so that the sides are flat, allowing it to be placed on the spiralizer.
- Place the first sweet potato onto the spiralizer attachment, and using the blade for thin noodles, spiralize it through on a medium speed. Repeat for the other potato.
- Lay the sweet potato noodles out onto the baking tray and drizzle a bit of olive oil over. Season with salt and pepper, followed by the spices, and toss well so that all the fries get an even coating.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, tossing around in the tray halfway through cooking so that they cook evenly. Once the sweet potatoes are nice and crispy, remove from the oven and serve alongside a good dip.