A delicious bowl of festive gingerbread spice, perfect for a high-protein breakfast on a cosy December morning. Or as a warming bowl on a chilly evening, because I love porridge at any hour of the day.
The porridge is spiced with cinnamon and ginger, for a truly festive flavour, to get you in the mood for Christmas. Sweetened with maple and molasses, a sweet dark sticky syrup, traditionally used to give gingerbread it’s rich sweetness.
And why not top your oats with a happy little Healthy Gingerbread Man to brighten up your morning?!
- 40g porridge oats
- 200ml almond milk
- 1 Tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop vanilla flavour protein powder
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- Greek yoghurt
- Peanut butter
- A Healthy Gingerbread Biscuit
- Place oats in a micro-wave safe bowl and pour over the almond milk.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Add in the protein powder and greek yoghurt and mix them in. If it becomes too thick, add a further splash of milk.
- Add the sweeteners and spices and stir them in.
- Return to the microwave and heat for a further 30-40 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Top with a little extra sprinkle of cinnamon and your choice of toppings. Perhaps finish the bowl with a Healthy Gingerbread Man. Enjoy!