2, ripe Banana
100g Ground almonds
3 Tbsps PB2 powdered peanut butter
2 Tbsps Peanut butter
2 Tbsps, melted Coconut oil
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2-3 Tbsps Honey or Maple Syrupor preferred sweetener
good pinch Salt
50g Dark chocolate chipsoptional, use a dairy-free brand if required
Super moist and fudgy ‘blondies’, made gluten-free and vegan-friendly, dotted with dark chocolate chips.
Unlike many other healthier blondie recipes out there, this one uses no beans! Much of the sweetness and fudgyness comes from using overripe bananas, together with the rich nuttyness of ground almonds and smooth peanut butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mash the bananas in your mixing bowl. As with all banana bakes, you want the bananas to be overripe so that they’re sweet and mushy – the browner the better.
- Add ground almonds, PB2 powder, peanut butter and melted coconut oil. Mix well until combined.
- Add vanilla extract, baking soda and a good pinch of salt. Then sweeten with honey, maple or your preferred sweetener. Note that the amount of sweetener required will vary depending on how ripe your bananas are. Adjust it according to taste.
- Finally add the dark chocolate chips and stir them through. Goes without saying, to keep the recipe vegan, use a vegan and dairy-free chocolate brand.
- Line a deep baking pan with parchment paper or a little bit of coconut oil and pour the blondie mixture in.
- Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes, until the top is crispy and golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then slice into squares and enjoy.