Pumpkin Pie Proats
Fancy some pumpkin pie for breakfast? Or simply have some leftover pumpkin puree that needs using?
This warm bowl of oats contains all the flavours of a festive pumpkin pie, with an added protein boost (32g of protein per bowl). The oats are mixed with natural pumpkin puree and warm spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, for a truly comforting bowl of porridge, keeping you full and satisfied.
So yes, you can have pumpkin pie for breakfast! (kinda) And it’s not only pretty healthy and high-protein, but it also takes than 5 minutes to make. Perfect on a wintery morning (or evening – we know I could eat oats at any time of the day).
- 40g porridge oats
- 200ml almond milk
- 40g pumpkin puree (I use this one)
- 1 Tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop vanilla flavour protein powder
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- Greek yoghurt
- Chopped pecan nuts
- Crumbled ginger nut biscuit
- Drizzle of maple syrup or sugar-free syrup
- Place oats in a micro-wave safe bowl and pour over the almond milk.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Add in the protein powder and greek yoghurt and mix them in. If it becomes too thick, add a further splash of milk.
- Add the sweeteners and spices and stir them in.
- Return to the microwave and heat for a further 30-40 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Top with a little more greek yoghurt and some chopped pecan nuts or crumbled up ginger nut biscuits for a crunchy topping.
If you try this recipe, remember to share your photos
on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
Tag me @fitasfudge_ and use the hashtag #fitasfudge!