A little about me...
I’m Ashleigh, an accountant by day and a foodie by night.
I love to cook, but even more than that, I love to eat. My biggest passions are food, fitness and nutrition.
A few years ago, I went through a period of constant stomach illness and severe IBS. Many foods become off limits as they would trigger my IBS and make me ill. This forced me to re-evaluate my health and start looking at what was actually in my food so that I could heal my gut. Here I began my journey into the world of health and nutrition.
Since then, I have been able to heal and rebuild myself, while packing on some lean muscle mass.
How? No crazy fad diet – just cooking from scratch and fueling myself with fresh, nutritious foods, but also allowing for a balanced lifestyle.
I created this site to share my recipes and prove that you can eat well, and keep fit and healthy, while still enjoying delicious food and feeling awesome.
I don’t believe that healthy eating should be a chore, or that there is one magic diet or one way to eat for health. I take an evidence-based approach to nutrition, and I believe the best way to be healthy and smash your goals is ultimately be educated about what you’re eating, based on the science – not the fads.
I’m a proponent of flexible dieting (which is more of a lifestyle than a ‘diet’ – I hate that word), so although there is a strong focus on healthy nutritious ingredients, every now and again you will also find some of my more indulgent recipes too. Because balance is important and besides, we all need to treat ourselves every now and then.
- September 2014 – Completed Certification in Advanced Sports Nutrition with The Health Sciences Academy.
- September 2015 – Featured in Gibraltar Magazine article on health bloggers.
- June 2016 – Shortlisted for “Best European Blog” in the Health Blog Awards 2016.
- June 2016 – Appeared on GBC’s live panel show, Viewpoint, discussing health and fitness in social media.
- February 2017 – Completed ‘Catering for Health Needs’ cooking course at University of Gibraltar.
- August 2017 – Appeared as a guest chef on GBC cooking programme ‘Mama Lotties’ series 3.